These Pathfinder notes are for all Pathfinder Staff. Please share with all of your team.
Sabbath Afternoon 8 September 2018
Assemble at Bradfield Park on the Western Side (Closer to Luna Park), Milsons Point (on the grass beside Alfred Street South at 3.00pm. The walk will commence after the creative introduction to ‘why we do this walk’. If coming by train exit via Alfred Street (Luna Park). This is a request from the local council due to the work that has already begun to put a lift in to get onto the bridge walk)
The walk will be staggered so as to spread the participants out at the beginning and the end. Please obey the marshals (DD’s) The walk will proceed up the steps, across the Harbour Bridge, up Macquarie St until the State Library. Then walk through the Domain and end up on the lawns opposite the NSW Art Gallery. This is where everyone will receive their patch and then disperse with their club.
This is not a pram friendly walkdue to the stairs from Albert Street South to the Harbour Bridge
We will have Adventurer or Pathfinder DD’s along the route.
What to bring
- Wear the Pathfinder Uniform.
- Put on sunscreen and have a bottle of water
- POSTER promoting ‘SAY NO TO DRUGS’
- Club First Aid Kit with spare water
- Those with breathing difficulties MUST bring their medication.
- Umbrellas or wet weather gear due to the possible weather. Showers are currently forecast so the event will be on.
Guidelines for the walk
- Be positive about what we are doing
- Participate in the introduction activity. This is more than just a walk across the bridge. This is also a commitment to a lifestyle.
- Stay together as a club
- Start when requested. Walk no more than two abreast.
- OBEY the traffic lights
- Be respectful of the public. Give them ‘right of way’. Greet them respectfully. Answer any questions in a good positive way
- Take your rubbish with you
- Please do not linger on the walk or at the end.
- Enjoy yourself
Make the most of this unique Sydney Pathfinder Event. Your first point of call is to challenge your own Pathfinders/Adventurers. Make it part of the Pathfinder/Adventurer curriculum when you can. Each of the Pathfinder/Adventurer Curriculums involve Temperance issues. A club could use this event as part of the process of achieving:-
Make POSTERS that talk about ‘SAY NO TO DRUGS’ – No bigger than an A3 size of paper (Be creative).